Office of Geomatics: Coordinate Systems Analysis
Our function: Showing the way to WGS 84
Our customers: Unlimited
- Definitions Explanation of selected terms.
- Frequently asked questions Commonly asked questions from CSAT customers.
- CSAT Publications Publications of Interest
- "BASIC GEODESY" CSAT's monthly articles on datums, coordinates, etc.
- Datum Transformations Basics of datum transformations.
- Grids and Reference Systems Diagrams and explanation of the UTM system, MGRS, and GEOREF.
- Quick-Start Guide to map projections for NGA ArcGIS users.
- ArcMap Grid Guide on how to use ArcMap to generate MGRS and other map grids
- MGRS Lettering Schemes explains the two schemes, which ellipsoid uses which scheme, etc.
- Military Map Reading 201 An excellent NGA publication explaining the UTM and MGRS systems, with illustrations of NGA products. In Adobe Acrobat.
- Polar Stereographic Conversion A map projection computation to convert between Latitude of True Scale and Scale Factor at the Pole.
GEOTRANS Download free DoD coordinate conversion and datum transformation software.
GIS Grid Layers Download shapefiles of MGRS / UTM grids, zones.
On-line Geodetic Datum Reference Guide Geodetic Datum Reference to search by country or datum
Gold Data v6.3 Testing for Datum Transformations and Coordinate Conversion Software
Coming Soon CSAT Magnetic Declination Page.